Monday, October 31, 2005

Life is "Slammin'" (sometimes)

This may be a short blog, but I know me... I tend to write lllllllooooooooooonnnnnnnng blogs...oh well. I must accept who I am:)
Hmmm... what to write about. I guess my life. Not much new here in ole Virginny...

Krista had a slammin' party(I word I recently picked up) on Friday. I decorated the dining room, it was supposed to be girly, so we did the light pink, black and dark purple color theme. I used some tulle in the decor, for you guys out there, it's a filmy gauzy, type of cloth stuff. Krista and her peeps ended up "watching" 3 movies... and went to bed at 6 or maybe they fell asleep at 6:)
I had to leave the party for a bit to go pick up a table I needed to borrow from a church in town. I had another jewelery sale thingy... at the "Oktoberfest." I ONLY sold jewelery bought a couple gel bracelets from the vendor next to me...a chicken sandwich, etc...they had a table on an Avon walk for breast cancer. I didn't consume any alchohol. The event was really small, the people puttin' it on didn't do enough advertising so they didn't even charge me for the table. Which was great. It was another cold day outside selling my jewelery! Brrrrrrrrr.....(but it wasn't raining!)
One of the ladies from this neighboring vendor actually made the largest purchase of the day! Yeah ha!
Tara spent the night last night. We, Krista, Tara and myself, all came from youth group last night. Pray for Tara, she could use the extra boost. She's workin' today, from like 3:30-close. She works in a store at the mall. Being as it's Halloween I dressed her head up... she couldn't wear a costume or anything that covered her face, so I gave her french braids, lined her top eye with liner and made a coupla curly q's come out from the corner of her eyes, with black makeup pencil. I sprayed her with Krista's hair and body glitter spray... and what really added alot were these white rhinestones I glued to her hair like a delicate crown, that dipped into her forhead... I used elmer's glue. She also had lipslick and eyeshadow on....
We dubed her "character" Cleopatra, who was kidnapped to work at the "Children's Place"(the store she works at)...

Krista also woke me up this morning to do her up. She works at a restaurant-"South Street Grill"....she was the "Good Dream Fairy." She had on black and white clothes... a shirt with silver metal shiny things all over the top and the bottom of the shirt, skirts into petal-like shapes.
I glued rhinestones below her neck and did this cool swirly thing with white face paint than I brushed on loose powder makeup that's skin color so she has this cool-skin colored swirly effect on her neck and chest..I should sometime get some pics, of her up on the blog...
Also I glued some rhinestones, one being a star to her fore head. Her lips were black with glitter gloss, and I did her eyes similar to Tara's the black lined look and curly q's. The glue I used on Krista was this heavy duty stuff that only people over the age of 18 can buy, ever heard of such a thing? Because younger ones would possible use it to get high. A while after I glued a rhinestone to her chest... I looked at it and it was pink around it, kinda like a welt... ekkks... oh well she got that type of glue.....wanted me to use it. Well when she's 80 with rhinestones stuck to her body you'll know why...(actually she's used the glue before and the rhinestones came off:)
Krista was also sprayed with the glitter spray. It would've been fun to have gone to her work, to see people's reactions!


About the whole job thing...well I got info about "Baby Sitting" an elderly man here in Front Royal...we'll see. I'm waiting on two reference letters before I submit my application to working in the Warren County school district. Chad and Andrea I may join you're ranks of working in the public schools....we'll see!

Keep me in your prayers! God bless and be with you all this week....
By the way I'm moving in the direction of getting more involved or am more involved in Youth Ministry. I talked to my Youth Leader last week about it and may meet with her again this week. So pray about that tooo....if you will. Why don't you just pray for me ALL THE TIME! Jk:)
Maybe I should go outside for a bit, been a gorgeous day! Keep in touch ya'll.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Wow Marie..you got Tara to wear make-up? Goodness...take and pictures? That's something I never thought I would live to see! Krista's outfit sounded pretty cool! You are in my prayers! I'm 18 now! Woo hoo! I am legal! (Whatever that means!) Now I can go buy cigarettes I will never smoke and can vote for someone I don't know anything about! Yay! Haha love ya! The blue ducky earrings rock!

lis said...

Sounds like fun, Marie. And yes, I'll pray about your job... :O)