Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Love isn't just for couples


Happy Valentine's day everyone, Kinda late, at about 10:30 at night. Oh well it's Valentine's Day all day! I worked today and wore pink, with alot of black. One of my kids told me, "Miss Parker you look lovely." Than he was like, but I'm lovelier. Makes me laugh!

Isn't this picture great. It's so beautiful and artsy. The line and shadow... I won't tell you what magazine I got it out of, it may wreck it for some of you... (the type of magazine starts with an "O" and ends with an "prah")

A friend of mine sent out an e-mail and was talking about having Jesus as her valentine. Her e-mail made me get a little teary eyed. As a single Jesus can be your special someone in a way that married's don't have. Becuase they have that other person, but us single's all we have is Jesus. Of course we have friends, but it's different as a single.

My family had a special Valentine's dinner this evening. Thanks to Mary A. we had chicken burritos, it's her recipe. They came out good:) I took out the two leaves in the table and made it more of circle/oval, and set it up with 4 chairs... one on each side...like in resturants... I put my hat box in the middle of the table and draped it with black velvet like material. On that I put a lantern, an antique one and had it surrounded by mini goblets (they are really little, like2 and a half inches tall, from the $ store) with little red votives in the goblets.
Than on the next level, table level I had little stem ed glass custard cups, 6 around the hat box and a votive in each of those. Than I had our water glasses (these also have stems) and the regular plates and silver ware, and I had my off white cloth napkins and a off white table cloth. It was lovely, and we had all the lights shut off, we had enough light with all the candles and lantern lit... and there were a few other candles on the bar too.

One thing I did that was nifty was put 8 votives in the deep snow on the deck...I pushed them down into the snow a little than as they burned they got deeper into the snow and they got to a point where all you could see was the snow glowing-a circle of golden light. I put the candles in a heart shape:) It was really cute. And i drew around the votive heart-drew a heart and the finger drawn shape picked up the light so that was glowing some too. It was a luminescint picture of beauty...:)

At dinner each of us had some little presents. My dad gave me a stuffed lion and he gave me a card that I treasure. He doesn't do gifts that he picks out and from him, much, if hardly at all. The gifts are often from my mom and my dad. My mom gave me a rose earlier. So I had a special evening with my family. The meal and the gifts. I'm a gift person. :) Especially if it's something I want or they know I'd really like it, if some thoughts gone into it and if it's sentimental... that's the type of gifts I like-ususally:)

Here's a poem that I just liked. I got it off the "site for sore eyes" (there's a link to it in my links section...) I think it's appropriate for us single girls. Don't be embarressed girls and guys this is what we're really looking for, what really matters. (Handsome is definately a plus...specially for me I'm an artist and visual;) This is a really special poem.

Dear God, I prayed, all unafraid,
(as we’re inclined to do)
I do not need a handsome man
But let him be like You
I do not need one big and tall
Nor need he be some genius
Or wealthy, Lord, at all;
But let his head be high, dear God,
And let his eye be clear,His shoulders straight,
Whate’er his state
Whate’er his earthly sphere;
And let his face have character,
A ruggedness of soul,
And let his whole life show,
Dear God,A singleness of goal;
That when he comes(as he will come)
With quiet eyes aglow
I’ll understand that he’s the man
I prayed for long ago.

Ruth Bell, written in 1939 before she met Billy

2 comments:

CKS said...

Sounds like a nice family dinner!

Did people weep?

:-)

Marie said...

I could've a little:) maybe...
Did I really say that? Give me context okay? I don't remember...but than I forget things...of course;)