Tuesday, April 25, 2006

my testimony...

I just typed this up for some application... wanted to post it. Here's my testimony. From me. The real deal.

my testimony...

My journey with God started when I was very young. I was 5 or 6 years old. At that time there was a lot I didn't understand. As I've grown my understanding has been enlarged... and enlightened. Over the yeares I have become more captivated with God and His Son, Jesus.

My dad was the one that led me into a relationship with Jesus, at least the building blocks of one when I was 5 or 6. At that time I asked Jesus into my heart and asked him to take away my sins... He is my Lord and Savior. I do believe he took away my sins on the cross and He gives me new life, He brought my soul to life. Only because of Jesus will I go to heaven. I believe that. That is my confession.

I have fallen and stumbled many times. But over and over I go to God and confess and he forgives me. He knows and understands everything, he knows why I get angry. Why I'm upset. He is not surprised by anything, I do or say. And he is willing to forgive everything and anything when I turn to him.

He walks besides me every day... sometimes I will sense the Holy Spirits guidance or blessing especially in the little things...

I am learning more about him. I want to have more of a perspective on who He really is. I want to give that love and more of the true reality of who God and His Son Jesus are to the world, to individuals I rub shoulders with. I want to share the gospel of life, in Jesus, with others. That when they die they can know where they are going and for this life, that there is someone who loves and enjoys them. Who created them to be what they are, and will become under His gentle loving hand. That He is there every step of the way. That He will never leave them abandon them, or throw them out.

This has been a journey of discovery. Discovering more of God... how He loves me. That he has a purpose and destiny, a great destiny for my life. It has also been a journey of discovering who I am... the sin in my life. The ugliness... that I am not perfect. That God wants and will make me more into who He made me to be... which will reflect Christ even more.

God is working on me. Leading me gently... even though at times it's very very hard.
Because of God, walking besides me and Jesus inside me, I know where I'll end up. I know my future is in God's hands. I know He is good, no matter what happens.

I want to walk with him into the GREAT destiny He has for me. I know He has more for me, than I even imagine or sometimes even believe.

God is my Rainbow maker. He is my promise keeper. He is the one that Holds my heart and my life. Sometimes the reality of that evades me... but sometimes it rings true in my heart. Whether I feel it or not that is the reality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent Marie!! Hey looked around at your site, very interesting.

Love, Your Brother Adam<><