Wednesday, April 20, 2011

settin' my cap


I purchased this fedora a while ago.  I've had a hard time figuring out how to style it. I'd seen fedora's on other blogs and wanted to get one.  I got mine at Goodwill. (I got one for me and one for Etsy) :)  I know it's vintage because the previous owner had a smaller head then I did and had folded up newspaper from 1987  put it inside the hat band.  

If ya'll have any ideas of what I could style it with that'd be appreciated.  

My t shirt is also vintage, as you can tell by the dates. This may have been my dad's t shirt. The coronet was a boat that people from the church I came out of would sail around the world to pray for the different continents.
  
The locket came from my grandmother. In side the locket is a picture of my grandmother and grandfather when they are young adults.  The earrings I would guess are also vintage, a thrift store find. 

The top half of me is almost all vintage. I actually don't wear a lot of vintage clothing.

I kept the masculine vibe by adding the velor suit coat. And  kept it casual with canvas flats and jeans.  I enjoyed wearing this outfit. Got complimented on the hat at Panera!  

In other news I bought 2 PAIR of glasses from Zenni Optical for about $31. They are prescription too! That's just exciting. (smiles!)  I will have to let you know how they work out for me.  

And today I stared working with my new client.  I work in a beautiful old house in town with another caregiver. I only work 4 hours a day, which is kinda a weird shift but 5 days a week.  I think I'll like this job.

No comments: